We’re on the hunt for a new Showroom Manager - the face, heart and soul of our business! We are seeking a dynamic individual who will not only serve as a sales and marketing expert but also take charge as a project manager extraordinaire for our brand-new interior design store, showroom, and studio nestled in the heart of Brew Block in Kailua-Kona.
As the Showroom Manager, you will be the driving force behind our store's success. You'll be the one running the show during business hours, ensuring that everything runs like a well-oiled machine. You'll also be responsible for coordinating client requests and appointments such as deliveries and installs, because we believe in delivering nothing but the best to our customers.
Now, let's talk about marketing. We want our business to be the talk of the town, and that's where you come in. You'll be our social media maestro, crafting captivating posts that will have people hitting that "like" button faster than you can say "interior design." But we won't stop there. You'll also be in charge of email campaigns and paid marketing strategies, making sure that our message reaches the right audience at the right time.
But wait, there's more! As the Showroom Manager, you'll be the mastermind behind our exciting events such as workshops and industry nights. From planning to execution, you'll be the creative genius who brings our ideas to life. Speaking of creativity, you'll have the opportunity to flex your design muscles in this role by developing initial concepts for clients and sourcing unique pieces that will make our showroom shine.
Inventory management? Check. You'll be responsible for keeping track of our stock including assembling and merchandising products with finesse while also logging sales and helping us continually exceed our targets.
Collaboration is a big keyword for us, we believe in supporting other local businesses including artists. We have already fostered solid partnerships with talented individuals in the community and want to see this arm of our business continue to grow. Together, we'll create a space that showcases their incredible work alongside our own.
Think you’re the missing piece to our puzzle?
Keep reading below to learn more about the finer details of this role. Once you’re ready to apply, send us an email with your resume and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org - mahalo!
- Operate the store during business hours: Tuesday - Friday, 10am to 5pm.
- Work hand-in-hand with our Principal Designer & Owner to assist with client projects.
- Coordinate day to-day project management including delivery and installation teams.
- Proficiently navigate relevant softwares for inventory and project management. (eg. Shopify, DesignFiles, Canva, Google Suite/Microsoft Office)
- Schedule and/or attend (some) meetings with clients, taking notes as needed and saving these to the appropriate project file. Attend industry events as needed.
- Receive, process, assemble (where required), price and merchandise new inventory including taking photos and adding them to our website / POS system.
Additional Duties As Needed
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all clients in person, via phone and email. • Perform all functions in our Point of Sale system. • Become a furniture expert. Gain knowledge of all vendors and what products they have to offer including where to find answers. eg. catalogs, websites, customer service support. • Develop an understanding of latest design trends and products while keeping up on what is going on with competitors. • Prepare design presentations for clients including product visuals, proper client pricing, shipping/freight charges and lead time. • Provide home consult visits for clients when needed to take photos and meet one on one to assess their wants and needs for their project. • Manage and maintain our database of clients to drive sales. • Use tracking sheets to stay in regular contact with clients alerting them of changes in lead time, delays, or issues with their order. Work with our Principal Designer & Owner to resolve and diffuse any issues to keep clients satisfied. • Assist with product deliveries as needed. eg. inspecting, tagging, counting, reporting damages back to the manufacturer and putting out inventory. • Daily reviews of showroom displays to ensure they are neat & clean, pillows and decor placed properly, etc. • Maintain general showroom housekeeping. Replenishing gift bags, tissue paper, dusting, sweeping, and assisting with merchandising. • Event planning and coordination such as workshops.
- Strong sales and marketing skills.
- Minimum 3-6 years' prior work experience with transferable skills.
- Conversant in PC and POS systems and willing to learn new software as needed
- Natural sense of design / spatial planning with a passion for learning more. Formal training not required but preferred.
- Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of furniture, decor, art, or homewares
- Merchandising experience
- Photography and graphic design
- Social media
ROOST Design Hale is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizen, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law.
This position provides endless opportunities for the right candidate. Prior experience in retail, interior design, architecture, real estate, or other relevant fields is preferred but not required. Compensation is $25-$30/hr, commensurate with experience. This is a part-time hourly position of approximately 30 hours a week with the potential for more hours as the business grows.
Founded by seasoned industry veteran and interior designer Barbie Burch of Studio Palomino, ROOST Design Hale is a full-service interior design retail store, studio and showroom in Kailua-Kona Hawai'i.
We pride ourselves on creating functional yet beautiful spaces that are tailored to each client's needs. We are committed to excellence, collaboration, and authenticity in all that we do to help you live your best island life.
Inspired by the natural beauty of Hawai'i, we aim to incorporate local materials, art and culturally grounded influences into our designs whenever possible because we love the community that we call home and want to see it thrive.
Learn more at: roosthawaii.com